Let's Start a Conversation
Since 1999, Y&L IT Consulting in San Antonio has always been about finding the best IT talent available and matching them up with the needs of our clients. Taking a list of talent specifications and comparing them to the stated skills on a resume can be done by virtually anyone. Y&L goes much further.
Candidate Qualification Process
- Match up requirements against existing bench talent and our proprietary database of hundreds of consultants we have utilized over the last decade
- Identify candidates whose stated skills are a match
- Contact candidates and perform initial phone screen
- Determine any discrepancies between stated experience on resume and answers received during phone screen
- Determine candidate’s willingness to work in selected state/location
- Determine candidate’s culture fit with that organization (fast-paced environment, laid-back environment, highly structured, informal structure, etc.)
- Formally skill-test candidate via third-party
- Discuss the candidate with the client and provide a resume, interview notes, skill test results, rate, anticipated start date, etc.
Our IT staffing vertical focuses on providing candidates for our customers through a well-defined process that we’ve matured over the years to acquire, train, nurture and retain IT staff.
Five Processes to Ensure Candidate Quality
- Perennial Hiring: Our seasoned recruiters analyze current and upcoming trends in the IT staffing market and continuously hire skilled IT staff based on the anticipated needs of the markets we serve, thus creating a high-quality bench.
- Protracted Selection Process: The staff is selected after multiple rounds of interviews, technical skills testing, HR, Reference Checks, Drug Testing, etc.
- Onboarding and Training: Newly hired employees are trained on Y&L processes and technology practices before placement at a customer site.
- Continuous Education: All employees are encouraged to obtain industry-recognized professional certifications, which are reimbursed by the company.
- Performance Appraisal: We maintain regular contact with our employees who are on assignment. We actively meet with our clients to discuss the progress of the employee and perform individual employee assessments.
We believe in treating our employees right, which translates into better than average wages, excellent benefits, vacation days, on-going training, special events, like our “Family Fun Day” picnic during the summer, and many other benefits that have resulted in loyalty from our consultant base.
Many businesses struggle to find professional IT staffing that fits a specific niche. Our client, an industry leader in providing integrated payment solutions, marketing services, security services, and retail products, was no different. The company faced challenges in finding professional San Antonio IT contractors skilled in Oracle ATG, a niche skill set. Many of the […]
Let's Start the Conversation
Now that you know a bit more about us, let's chat.