Since 1999, Y&L has always been about finding the best IT talent available and matching them up with the needs of our clients. Taking a list of talent specifications and matching them up with stated skills on a resume can be done by virtually anyone. Y&L goes much further.
Following is the process that we go through when qualifying candidates for our clients:
- Match up requirements against existing bench talent and our proprietary database of literally hundreds of consultants we have utilized over the last decade
- Identification of candidates whose stated skills are a match
- Contact candidates and perform initial phone screen
- Determine any discrepancies between stated experience on resume and answers received during phone screen
- Determine candidate’s willingness to work in selected state/location
- Determine candidate’s culture fit with that organization (fast-paced environment, laid-back environment, highly structured, informal structure, etc.)
- Formally skill-test candidate via third-party
- Discuss the candidate with the client and provide resume, interview notes, skill test results, rate, anticipated start date, etc.
Our IT staffing vertical focuses on providing candidates for our customers through a well defined process that has matured over the years to acquire, train, nurture and retain IT staff.
Following are the five core activities performed by Y&L to ensure the quality of our provided resources:
- Perennial Hiring: Our seasoned recruiters analyze current and upcoming trends in the IT staffing market and continuously hire skilled IT staff based on the anticipated needs of the markets we serve, thus creating a high quality bench.
- Protracted Selection Process: The staff are selected after multiple rounds of interviews, technical skills testing, HR, Reference Checks, Drug Testing, etc.
- On-boarding and Training: Newly hired employees are trained on Y&L processes and technology practices before placement at a customer site.
- Continuous Education: All employees are encouraged to obtain industry recognized professional certifications, which are reimbursed by the company.
- Performance Appraisal: We maintain regular contact with our employees who are on assignment. We actively meet with our clients to discuss the progress of the employee and perform individual employee assessments.
Y&L believes in treating our employees right, which translates into better than average wages, excellent benefits, vacation days, on-going training, special events like our “Family Fun Day” picnic during the summer and many other benefits that have resulted in loyalty from our consultant base.